Services and Info

New Zealand Immigration Links

Refugees seeking to settle in New Zealand

The New Zealand Immigration website provides useful information and videos to assist those seeking settlement in New Zealand.

People seeking asylum

New Zealand Immigration provides information to make a refugee and protection claim on their website where the relevant forms can also be found.

Find a Lawyer

A database of legal aid lawyers can be searched to find a lawyer who can assist you on the Ministry of Justice website.

Find Work

There are many job searching websites and services available and below are a few popular options which may be of use. 

Work and Income New Zealand

Work and Income can assist in helping to find work through use of their “Find a job” service. The link and instructions for using this service can be found here.

Trade Me

The popular website Trade Me offers a job searching service which may be useful.

The website provides listings and a database to search for jobs.

Red Cross NZ

The New Zealand Red Cross offers assistance to refugees in obtaining employment through its Pathways to Employment Programme. Information about the programme and the Red Cross can be found on their website.

Health Care Services

According to the Auckland Regional Public Health Service All publicly provided health services are available to people from refugee backgrounds.” 

Auckland Regional Public Health Service – The ARPHS provides ‘on arrival’ health screening at their Mangere health centre and also provides health services more specific to the needs of people from refugee backgrounds. Visit their website for more information on the services that they provide and the different refugee and asylum seeker specific health services around New Zealand.

Ministry of Health New Zealand – The Ministry website provides information and links to publications on health care issues specific to refugees and asylum seekers. There are also useful links to the different areas of health care that may be affecting people from those backgrounds:

Language Services

Language Line (Telephone Interpreting) – If English is not your first language the Office of Ethnic Communities provides a telephone interpreting service for 44 languages. Their details and information about their service can be found on their website.